For more information about this opportunity, please visit our website.
Workshop runs July 1-5 (with a break for July 4)
- Open to all high school students in Monroe County who are interested in exploring the personal-essay form in preparation for the college application process. Local students who are home-schooled or from unconventional backgrounds are equally encouraged to apply.
- Space is limited. Priority will be given to rising seniors about to embark on the college admissions process, but other interested students (rising sophomores and juniors) are encouraged to apply as well and will be accepted as space allows.
- Participants in the Young Writers Studio (taking place the previous week) are also welcome to apply for this separate program, which is free of charge.
How to Apply:
Complete the form below and write a short letter introducing yourself and explaining why you would like to participate in this workshop. Please let us know your thoughts, questions, or concerns about the writing process. Your candor will help us further cater the workshop to your needs. (Letters should be 250 – 500 words.)
Please note: If you are also applying to the Young Writers Studio, you may use that letter for this application.
We highly recommend that you apply by the priority deadline of May 1. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and space is limited.
File name should adhere to the following model: “Lastname_Firstname.doc” and your name should appear at the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Be yourself. Your letter should be casual and relaxed. Don’t be afraid to give us a sense of your personality and be completely honest.
- Remember that editing for typos and small errors helps show that you care and are trying to make the best first impression.
If you have questions about the program or the application, please contact Katrin Schumann: email@example.com / 305-293-9291